Cremation is a form of disposition. Currently the most common form of disposition is earth burial, though the choice of cremation is rising. If one chooses cremation, a funeral service is still available. Visiting hours, a church service, graveside service or memorial service are still available choices if one selects cremation. Saying farewell is an important part of accepting a loss. Being able to grieve and celebrate the life and memories of a loved one will help in the healing process.
Our current and most affordable cremation service as shown on our general price list is $1,760.00 This amount is for a local immediate, direct cremation or cremation without any attended rites or ceremonies. You have the right to choose the crematory of your wishes. We consider Vine Hills and Riverside Crematories local service providers. Vine Hills crematory is included in the cost above.
- We are a Massachusetts licensed Funeral Home, family owned and operated.
- Local transportation from place of death to the funeral home.
- Completion of necessary paperwork.
- Sheltering of deceased as needed (MA requires a 48 hour waiting period).
- Minimum crematory required ridged cremation container.
- Local transportation to a licensed Massachusetts crematory
- Temporary cremation container for cremains.
- Transportation of cremated remains from crematory to our facility or local delivery of cremated remains.
- We also offer a website listing and website guestbook.
- Vine Hills Crematory ($250.00) included above or River-Side Crematory (280.00).
- Massachusetts Office of the Chief Medical Examiner fee (100.00). Included
What questions should I ask of my funeral or cremation provider?
- Are they a licensed Massachusetts facility in good standing?
- Are they a licensed Massachusetts Funeral Director in good standing?
- Have they ever had their license suspended?
- Who is transferring my loved one and are they licensed to do so?
- Can I ask to see a State issued License or identification provided by the Div. of Professional Licensure? (Yes)
- Where are you temporarily sheltering my loved one?
- Can we meet with the funeral director?
- Will the funeral director return our loved ones cremains?
- How do I know you transferred the correct remains?
- Will your provider provide for an identification process when possible?
Check a License: